HOW TO USE PACIFIERS CORRECTLY?
Pacifiers can not only coax sleep, but also can stop the baby crying. It can be said that they are necessary for parents to take care of their children. However, since the use of pacifiers has always been controversial, while using pacifiers for their babies, mothers may be worried about affecting breastfeeding and oral development. Let’s analyze how to use pacifiers correctly from the role and risk of using pacifiers.
The role of pacifiers
1. When the baby is unwell or has no sense of security in a strange environment, he will cry and cry to vent his emotions and seek comfort. At this time, if the mother’s comfort does not work, then the pacifier is a good choice.
2. Since pacifiers help to stabilize the baby’s mood, using them before going to bed can quickly calm the baby down and enter the sleep state. In this way, breastfeeding mothers can also get sufficient rest, which is conducive to breastfeeding.
3. Pacifiers can make the baby breathe with his nose and rectify the habit of eating hands frequently. In addition, the sucking movement can also train the baby’s sucking and swallowing functions
4. The tongue is putting forward the pacifier when sucking, it will not block the respiratory tract. The existence of the pacifier is not easy to press the nose and hinder breathing when the baby turning over, it may reduce the occurrence of sudden infant death syndrome.
Risk of using pacifiers incorrectly
1. The baby’s sucking reflex will slowly disappear with age. If mothers keep giving their baby
pacifiers, they may form dependence.
2. When the baby sucks, the air can enter the mouth from the corner of the mouth and then to the stomach. When eating too much air, it is easy to cause milk overflow.
3. Keep sucking pacifier for too long time will make gastrointestinal tract follow peristalsis, which is easy to cause intestinal spasm and abdominal pain.
4. The long-term use of pacifier may affect the development of jaw, resulting in irregular arrangement of teeth, improper occlusion, eversion of lips, etc. It will also lead to the habit of tongue extension and appear buckteeth.
How to use Pacifiers correctly
In summary, silicone pacifiers have advantages and disadvantages, which need to be used correctly. The precautions are as follows:
1. Purchase pacifiers with guaranteed quality: professional food grade 100% BPA free silicone pacifier factory is the NO.1 choice.
Daily disinfection and scald with boiling water regularly every day.
Don’t hang the pacifier around your neck with a rope.
It is recommended to replace a new pacifier within 2 months.
2. Breast fed babies should not use pacifiers too early. Although it can make mothers have better energy for breastfeeding, premature use of newborns will make the baby confused, which is unfavorable to breastfeeding. It is recommended to use pacifiers after 4 ~ 6 weeks when the baby is used to breastfeeding.
3. When the baby cries, the mother’s company and comfort are more important. Don’t be greedy for convenience to use a pacifier as soon as the baby cry to eliminate the crying caused by hunger. Try to comfort the baby by shaking the baby and patting on the back.
4. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines on pacifiers, it is recommended that babies gradually quit pacifiers after 6 months. At this time, most babies also begin to learn to sit and climb. If there are other more interesting things that can bring pleasure, they will automatically quit pacifiers slowly. It’s best not to use it after 2 years old to prevent it from affecting the development of teeth and face.
Tips for getting rid of pacifiers
1. More company.
The reason why babies suck pacifiers is that they want to seek a sense of security. Parents should give enough company and attention to help them quit pacifiers.
2. Divert your baby’s attention.
When the baby is crying for a pacifier, play more with him, play games or sing songs to make the baby pays less attention to the pacifier.
3. Before going to bed at night, you can tell your baby stories and whisper to sleep, gradually replacing the pacifier.
4. It is not recommended to throw away the pacifier directly. You can put the pacifier out of the baby’s sight unless he takes the initiative to find it.
5. Cut off the pacifier, then tell the baby that the pacifier is broken and can’t be used any more, and then choose a special day. For example, on the baby’s birthday, replace the pacifier with a gift, and make the last word with the beloved pacifier at the same time.
6. Note that it is not recommended to use extreme methods, such as applying pepper (or other peculiar smell) on the pacifier or making fun of and frightening the baby, which is easy to cause psychological shadow for the child.